View Larger Map
928-671-0727 - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Place is a Christian community centered on the faith, love and hope of Jesus Christ.
Many wonder about the name and why 'The Place' was chosen to be the representative title of this community. 'The Place' is actually the English translation for the Hebrew name of God ~ "Ha'Makom". Through further study into this name, we began to understand that God is in all places at all times (omnipresent), but still has the ability to inhabit a single place. And not to be 'in' or 'at' a place, but He actually becomes THE PLACE. If we talk about a PLACE of an object, we are talking about that which underlies it and supports it. As we built this ministry, our goal was that we would be that place ~ the place where God would come and underlie and support... the place where His omnipresence would become present.
We are a simple community who would rather do a few things great, then a lot of things mediocre. With this in mind, we've narrowed the entire vision of the ministry into three simple words ~ Faith, Hope and Love.
Faith: At its simplest form, faith is simply believing. As a community, we are committed to come together and grow in our faith. This growth comes through education, but also through action and involvement. We will exercise our faith through our thoughts, words and our deeds. As the apostle James said, "For as the spirit without the body is dead, so faith without works is dead also." (James 2:26)
Love: We value love and God's "agape" (or unconditional) love toward us and the world. As John said in his gospel, "For God so loved ('agape') the world that He gave His one and only Son so that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) We believe that love is not an adjective or noun ~ but a verb. Love is something that we do. We are committed to being God's hands and feet. We are committed to action. The Place doesn't live in the bricks and mortar of a building, but in the hearts of every person that calls this community their home.
Hope: As believers, we have the one true message of hope and, as a community, reaching out to the hopeless is one of our primary objectives. We will be the voice of hope... the feet of hope... the hands of hope. We are called to those lacking faith... those lacking love... those lacking hope and will point them to the giver of all hope ~ Jesus. For the community of The Place has a deep understanding of the French Proverb, "Hope is the dream of a soul awake."
Through these three key components, we are able to fulfill the call of Jesus:
Faith: We are building up the body of believers.
Love: We are cultivating community.
Hope: We are reaching out with the hope of Jesus.
Statement of Faith:
1. The Bible. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as being verbally inspired and profitable for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness according to 2 Timothy 3:16
2. The Godhead. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:18-19; Mark 12:29; John 6:27; Acts 5:3-4; Hebrews 1:8; II Corinthians 13:14)
3. Virgin Birth. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
4. Sin. We believe that all human beings are born sinners, separated from God, and become sinners in thought, word and deed
5. Salvation. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative substitution and all and all sufficient sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood sanctified and partakers of the abundant life here and through eternity.
6. Resurrection of Jesus. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and His present life for us as High Priest, Mediator and Advocate.
7. New Birth. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God, a relationship in which they are called to walk in obedience as new creations of God’s making by his grace, and not of man’s own work.
8. Evidence of New Birth. We believe that through the spirit, one is born again as a new creation, and will evidence the fruit of the Spirit.
9. The Church. We believe that the local Church is a body of believers, organized for worship, service and fellowship.
10. God’s Commission. We believe in the commission of the Lord Jesus Christ under the authority of God the Father, to the believer to, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)